We have listed below the Best Pipes and Cistern MCQ Questions for your basic knowledge of Pipes and Cistern Quiz. This Pipes and Cistern Test contains 20 multiple Choice Questions. You have to select the right answer to every question.
1) A cistern is normally filled with water in 10 hours but takes 5 hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty the cistern in
A. 20 hours
2) A tap having diameter 'd' can empty a tank in 84 min. How long another tap having diameter '2d' take to empty the same tank?
A. 21 minutes
3) Pipe A can fill a tank 5 times faster than Pipe B and takes 32 minutes less than Pipe B to fill the tank. If both the pipes are opened together, then in how much time the tank would be full?
A. 32/5 minutes
4) Two pipes M and N can fill a tank in 22.5 and 15 minutes, respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, after how much time should N be closed so that the tank is full in 18 minutes?
A. 2.5 minutes
5) Pipe P can fill a tank in 38 hours. Pipe Q alone can fill it in 19 hours. Pipe R can empty the full tank in 133 hours. If all the pipes are opened together, how much time will be needed to make the tank full?
A. 28 hours
6) A tap can fill a tub in 24 hours. Due to a leak at the bottom of the tub, the tap fills the tub in 36 hours. If the tub is full, how much time will the leak take to empty it?
A. 72 hours
7) Two pipes M and N can fill a tank in 22 hours and 33 hours respectively. In how much time will the tank be full, if both the pipes are opened simultaneously?
A. 18 hours
8) A water tank has two pipes to fill water in it. One of the pipes fills water at the rate of 100 litres per hour. The tank is filled by the other pipe in 6 hours and by both pipes together in 4.2 hours. What is the capacity of the tank in litres ?
A. 860 litre
D.None of these
9) Two pipes P and Q can fill a tank in 10 hours and 14 hours respectively. If both pipes are opened simultaneously, how much time will be taken to fill the tank?
A. 4 hours 20 min
B.3 hours 50 min
C.3 hours 22 min
D.5 hours 49 min
10) A inlet pipe can fill a tank in 12 hours and an outlet pipe can empty the tank in 16 hours. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously, find the time taken to fill the tank.
A. 36 hours
11) If pipe A can fill the tank in 45 minutes and pipe B in 30 minutes, find the time to fill the tank if both the pipes are opened together.
A. 12 minutes
12) If a pipe can fill a tank in 6 hours, find the part of tank it fills in one hour.
D.None of these
13) A leak at the bottom of the tank can empty the tank in 5 hours, while an inlet pipe can fill the same tank at the rate of 6 litres per minute. When the tank is full, the inlet is opened and the tank gets empty in 8 hours due to the leakage. Find the capacity of the tank.
A. 1800 litres
14) Pipes A and B fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C empties the tank in 12 hours, if you open all the three pipes together this tank will be filled in?
A. 3 9/17 hours
D.4 7/17 hours
15) Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is: