We have listed here the best CDS MCQ Questions for the best preparation of CDS (Combined Defence Services). This CDS Mock Test contains 50 best multiple-choice questions. You have to select the right answer to every question.
1) Tanishq purchased a chair with three consecutive discounts of 20%, 12.5% and 5%. The actual deduction will be?
2) Tanya has to secure 40% of marks to pass an examination. He gets only 45 marks and fails by 5 marks. The maximum marks are ______.
3) Five years ago, Bhumika was three times as old as Shreya. Four years from now, Bhumika will be only twice as old as Shreya. What is the present age of Bhumika?
4) The number of prime numbers which are less then 100 is ______.
5) To maintain 8 cows for 60 days, Vanshika has to spend Rs. 6,400. To maintain 5 cows for n days, she has to spend Rs. 4,800. What is the value of n ?
A. 72 days
6) Roshni went to her school at a speed of 12 km/hr and returned to her house at a speed of 8 km/hr. If she has taken 50 minutes for the whole journey, what was the total distance walked?
A. 4 km
7) There are 8 lines in a plane, no two of which are parallel. What is the maximum number of points at which they can intersects?
8) The diagonals of a rhombus are of length 20 cm and 48 cm. What is the length of a side of the rhombus?
A. 21 cm
9) Which of the points P(5, -1), Q( 3, -2 ) and R(1, 1) lie in the solution of the system of inequations x + y ≤ 4 and x - y ≥ 2 ?
A. P and R
B.Q and R
C.P and Q
D.P, Q and R
10) There are 350 boys in the first three standards. The ratio of the number of boys in first and second standards is 2 : 3, while that of boys in second and third standards is 4 : 5. What is the total number of boys in first and third standards?
11) Bar is a unit of which one of the following?
12) The density of water varies with temperature which helps the aquatic animals to live in cold water. At what temperature is the density of water maximum?
13) Who gave the first evidence of the big-bang theory?
A. Edwin Hubble
14) If ice floating on water in a vessel melts, the water level in the vessel _______.
C.First increases before decreasing
D.Does not change
15) Newton's first law is also known as _______.
A. Law of Inertia
B.Law of momentum
C.Law of force
D.Law of Action and Reaction
16) Rate of change of momentum is called _____.
17) The poisonous gas accidentally released in Bhopal Gas Tragedy is _____.
D.Sulphur di Oxide
18) Rusting is _____.
19) The common name of sodium bicarbonate is _____.
A. Baking soda
20) German silver is an alloy of ________.
A. copper, silver and gold
B.copper, zinc and silver
C.copper, zinc and nickel
D.copper and nickel
21) Which one of the following is involved for desalination of sea water?
A. Simple osmosis
C.Both A and B
D.None of the above
22) The purest form of iron is _______.
A. Cast iron
23) The Scientist known as father of genetics is _______.
24) When ants bite, they inject _______.
A. Acetic acid
25) In which part of the cinchona plant quinine occurs naturally?
26) Which of the following words is the most similar in meaning to the word KINDLE.
D.None of the above
27) The mounting pressure was so overwhelming that he ultimately ________ to her wish.
A. yielded in
28) The police accused him "for" theft. Choose the better substitution for the " " part.
29) Which of the following words is the most similar in meaning to the word AMBIGUOUS.
30) Which part of the sentence given has an error? We looked after the thief /(a) but he was nowhere /(b) to be found. /(c) No error /(d)